THE EFFECTS OF USING CAKE APPLICATION TO IMPROVE LISTENING ABILITY OF THE TENTH GRADE STUDENTS OF STATE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 2 OF TUNGKAL JAYA
Keywords:Cake Application, Improve Listening
The objective of the researcher was to find out whether there was any significant effect toward the students who were taught listening using the cake application of the tenth-grade students of state senior high school 2 ofÂ Tungkal Jaya.Â The population in this study was all class X for the academic year 2021/2022 . The total population was 153 students from 5 classes . The sample consists of students taken from classes X MIA 1 and X MIA 3 using purposive sampling . A quasi - Experimental design with Nanequvalent control group design pre - test and post - test was used in this study . In collecting the data , the researcher used a written test , and then the data was analyzed using normality , homogeneity , and a t - test . The homogeneity test score for the pre-test and post-test experiments was 0.214. The normality test was more significant than 0.05, Furthermore , the calculation result of the compatibility t - test was 2,322 , which was higher than the critical value of t - table 1.71, The null hypothesis (Ho) was rejected, while the alternative hypothesis (Ha) was accepted. Meaning that there was a significant effect toward the students who taught listening using the cake application of Tungkal Jaya and those who were not.
Aldijana, M. B. (2021, Januari Senin). Terminal. Retrieved from Cake, Aplikasi Belajar Bahasa Inggris Saingan Berat Duolingo: https://mojok.co/terminal/cake-aplikasi-belajar-bahasa-inggris-saingan-berat-duolingo/
Egamnazarova, F. A., & Mukhamedova, M. S. (2021). Improving english language listening skill. Academic research in educational sciences, 2(Special Issue 1), 28-32.
Fraenkel, J. R. Wallen, N.E.& Hyun, H.H (2012). How to Design and Evaluate Research in Education (8th Ed). New York: Mc-Graw Hill Companies, Inc.
Gunawan, M. A. (2015). Statistik Penelitian Bidang Pendidikan, Psikologi dan Sosial. Yogyakarta: Parama Publishing.
Handayani, Auliya, N. H., Andriani, H., Fardani, R. A., Ustiawaty, J., Utami, E. F., . . . Istiqomah, R. R. (2020). Metode Penelitian Kualitatif & Kuantitatif. Yogyakarta: Cv. Pustaka Ilmu Group Yogyakarta.
Handayani, A. E., & Izzah, L. (2021). Improving Students Listening Comprehension with Mobile App â€œEnglish Listening Testâ€. English Language in Focus (ELIF), 70.
Hapipah, Munawwaroh, K., & Dewi, K. (2021). Students' Perceptions on Using Cake Application for Speaking Skills in SMA Negeri 1 Jambi's First Grade. Jelt : Journal of English Language Teaching, Vol 5 No. 1 , 38.
Herminingsih, D. I. (2021). Improvin Studentâ€™s Listening Skill by Using Media of Duolingo Application.
Indrasari, N. (2019). Designing Listening Tasks For English Students. English Education: Jurnal Tadris Bahasa Inggris, 12(1), 11-21.
Mulyatiningsih, A. (2021). 160-170 The Effect Of Using Audio Visual Aids To Improve Studentsâ€™ Listening Skill In English Teaching Learn Cuhygfding. Prosiding Pekan Ilmiah Mahasiswa Unis, 1(1), 160-170.
Nawangsih. (2019, Desember). Nawang's Journal. Retrieved from Review application cake-Belajar Bahasa Inggris Gratis: https://nawangsihjournal.blogspot.com/2019/12/review-application-cake-learn-english.html?m=1
Richards, J. C., & Schmidt, R. (2010). Logman Dictionary of Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics. United Kingdom: in Great Britain.
Sari, A. W. (2016). Pentingnya Ketrampilan Mendengar dalam Menciptakan Komunikasi yang Efektif. EduTech: Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan dan Ilmu Sosial, 3.
Sari, M. P., & Agust, S. (2021). The Effectiveness of Using Powtoon Animation Video Towards Students' Listening Skiil at The Eighth Grade Studentso of SMP Negeri 5 Tanjung Pinang. Universitas Maritim Raja Ali Haji SOJ Student Online Journal, 256.
Salem, A. A. M. S. (2017). Engaging ESP students with brain-based learning for improved listening skills, vocabulary retention and motivation. English language teaching, 10(12), 182-195.
Sugiyono. (2015). Penelitian Pendidikan Metode (pendekatan kuantitatif, kualitatif, dan R&D). Alfabeta, Bandung.
Teanga Aguilar, E. V. (2021). Cooperative learning strategies to improve listening skill in students from eight grade (Master's thesis).
Uzer, Y. V. (2018). Teaching Listening by using Information Transfer Diagram Activity to the Seventh Grade Students of the State Junior High School 43 of Palembang. ELTE Journal (English Languange Teaching and Education), 6(1), 45-53.
Yanthi, W. (2021, November). The Application of Cake in the Teaching of Speaking to Senior High School Students. English Students And Teachers In Bogor (BEST) Conference (Vol. 2, pp. 165-170).
Copyright (c) 2022 Desanti Putri, Djunaidi Djunaidi, Yus Vernandes Uzer
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
In order to assure the highest standards for published articles, a peer review policy is applied. In pursue of the compliance with academic standards, all parties involved in the publishing process (the authors, the editors and the editorial board and the reviewers) agree to meet the responsibilities stated below in accordance to the Journal publication ethics and malpractice statement.
Duties of Authors:
- The author(s) warrant that the submitted article is an original work, which has not been previously published, and that they have obtained an agreement from any co-author(s) prior to the manuscriptâ€™s submission;
- The author(s) should not submit articles describing essentially the same research to more than one journal;
- The authors(s) make certain that the manuscript meets the terms of the Manuscript Submission Guideline regarding appropriate academic citation and that no copyright infringement occurs;
- The authors(s) should inform the editors about any conflict of interests and report any errors they subsequently, discover in their manuscript.
Duties of Editors and the Editorial Board:
- The editors, together with the editorial board, are responsible for deciding upon the publication or rejection of the submitted manuscripts based only on their originality, significance, and relevance to the domains of the journal;
- The editors evaluate the manuscripts compliance with academic criteria, the domains of the journal and the guidelines;
- The editors must at all times respect the confidentiality of any information pertaining to the submitted manuscripts;
- The editors assign the review of each manuscript to two reviewers chosen according to their domains of expertise. The editors must take into account any conflict of interest reported by the authors and the reviewers.
- The editors must ensure that the comments and recommendations of the reviewers are sent to the author(s) in due time and that the manuscripts are returned to the editors, who take the final decision to publish them or not.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.